It’s the love season in February, and you want to make a memorable valentine’s cookie for your partner. However, you realize that you don’t have good baking skills and much time to bake one. Worry not; here, we have compiled the best four quick and easy valentine’s cookie recipes for you.
These recipes use minimal ingredients with easy steps to follow. It doesn’t matter if you have proper baking skills or not, as everyone can make these recipes. Although they are quick and easy recipes, the results will amaze your partner. These cookies are cute, adorable, and tasty as a valentine’s treat.
1. Pink Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
The first one on the list is a no-roll sugar cookie perfect for you with a bit of time on your hands. This cookie covered with pink, red, and white sprinkles suits the valentine’s vibe and gives off a cute and fun mood. You don’t need a rolling pin and cookie mold to make this, as it has simple steps and can be done in minutes.
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup mix of pink, white, and red sprinkles
- Firstly, mix butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy using an electric mixer. Add sugar, then mix for another minute. Next, combine the egg and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well.
- Thoroughly mix the baking powder and flour together. However, don’t over-mix, but mix the mixture only until no trace of flour is visible. If you feel the dough sticks too much on your hand, you can add another ¼ cup of flour. Refrigerate the dough for an hour before shaping it if you have extra time. It will help you handle the dough easier later on.
- After that, line a baking sheet with parchment paper after preheating the oven to 350 F. Then, pour the sprinkles into a bowl. Take a tablespoon and scoop out a spoon of dough onto your hand. Shape the dough between your hands to make a medium-sized ball. Then, coat it evenly with the sprinkles.
- Arrange the dough ball on the baking sheet with 2 inches of separation. Flatten it a bit using a cup’s bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Transfer it to a cooling rack approximately 2 minutes after it’s done. When it’s cooled down, store it in an airtight container.
2. M&M’s Peanut Butter Cookies
If your lover loves peanut butter, why not bake them a tasty treat of peanut butter cookies? This peanut butter cookie with pink and red M&M topping can represent your loving feeling to your partner. Surprisingly, this recipe uses only three ingredients and is easy to make. You can get a crunchy peanut butter cookie with a creamy taste for your valentine.
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup red and pink M&M’s
- Add maple syrup and peanut butter to a mixing bowl and combine until well blended. Then, chop ½ cup of pink and red M&M’s and fold into the mixture.
- For about an hour, put the bowl into the freezer.
- After that, preheat the oven to 350 F. Meanwhile, line a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Take out the bowl from the freezer. Take a tablespoon of dough and place it on your hands. Roll the dough between your hands to form balls and put them on your baking sheet.
- Arrange a few pink and red M&M’s on top of each ball. Then, bake them in the oven for ten or twelve minutes or until golden brown.
- When it’s done, take the cookies out and let them cool on the cooling rack.
3. Strawberry Jam Sandwich Cookies
When it comes to strawberries, no one will refuse the sweet and sour taste of the pinkish-red fruit. Furthermore, people always associate strawberries with love and affection. That’s why this cookie recipe is the perfect treat for your valentine. The bright red color of the strawberry jam on the cookies will captivate your partner and make him fall in love with you even more.
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350 F and lining a baking tray with parchment paper. Blend the icing sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until creamy with an electric hand mixer. Mix in vanilla extract until well combined. Slowly add the flour while mixing. Stop mixing when the mixture turns into a dough.
- Prepare your work surface by spreading some flour onto it. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 1/8 inch evenly thick. Get two sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters. Use the bigger one to cut out your cookies from the dough. Next, use a smaller size to cut a small heart shape in the middle of the half of the large heart shape. Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge when the oven is ready and bake them for around 8 minutes. After baking, let it cool before assembling the cookies.
- Take a cookie and spread some strawberry jam on it. Then, place the heart cookie with a cut-out center on top of it. Press lightly to secure it.
Have A look: Why Do We Give Chocolates For Valentine’s Day?
4. Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies
Valentine’s day doesn’t need to be pink and red all the time. If your partner loves chocolate, you can go against the norm and bake these delicious chocolate chip cookies for the special day. Worry not; you can still express your love through this heart-shaped cookie. No cookie-cutter is needed; you only need your hand to shape the heart.
- 1 cup of melted, unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- Whisk together butter, brown sugar, sugar, and salt in a bowl adequately. Pour in the vanilla and egg, and whisk until a thick, light-colored mixture forms.
- Next, combine sifted flour and baking soda into the mixture. Next, add the mini chocolate chips at once to form a mixture, and fold it together using a spatula. Fold it only until no trace of flour is visible. Put the dough aside for five minutes to let it rest.
- Spread the dough out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Most importantly, shape every ball into a long and narrow heart shape using your hand. Because of its elasticity, the cookie spreads in the oven. Then, refrigerate the cookies for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F beforehand. Five inches should be the distance between the cookies on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Last but not least, the cookie can be reshaped right after it comes out of the oven. Use a spatula to fix the altered heart shape. Then, wait for five minutes before cooling it on a cooling rack.
Baking some cookies for your partner on this valentine’s day can strengthen the bond between you two. If you’re looking for the perfect recipes, you will love our list of the best four quick and easy valentine’s cookie recipes. Presenting a cute and lovely cookie to your partner will never go wrong with these easy recipes. We hope you will try these cookie recipes and flatter the heart of your valentine’s date.